Managing landing page form data
Changing a landing page form data properties
You can link database fields to input zone, radio button or checkbox type blocks. To do this, select the block and enter the Form data in the palette.
- The Field input zone lets you select a database field to link with the form field.
- The Mandatory option lets you only authorize the page's submission if the user has filled in the field. If a mandatory field is not filled in, an error message will appear.
Mapping form fields
Input fields are used to store or update data in Campaign database. For this, you need to link database fields with input zone, radio button, or checkbox type blocks. To do this:
- Select a block in the landing page.
- Complete the Form data part in the palette.
- Choose a database field to link with the form field in the Field selection zone. Landing pages can only be mapped with Profiles .
- Check the Mandatory option if needed. The page can only be submitted if the user has completed this field. If a mandatory field is not completed, an error message will appear when the user validates the page.
- Define the field type by choosing, for example Text , Number , or Date in the HTML type of the field selection area. If you choose a mandatory Checkbox , make sure that it is of Field type.
The default fields of the built-in landing pages are preconfigured. You can modify them as needed.
Data storage and reconciliation
Data reconciliation parameters allow you to define how the data entered in the landing page is managed once it has been submitted by a user.
To do this:
- Edit the landing page properties accessed via the icon in the landing page dashboard, and display the Job parameters.
- Select the Reconciliation key : these database fields (for example: email, first name, last name) are used to determine whether the visitor has a profile that is already known in the Adobe Campaign database. This allows you to update or create a profile, according to the update strategy parameters defined.
- Define the Form parameter mapping : this section allows you to map the landing page field parameters and those used in the reconciliation key.
- Select the Update strategy : if the reconciliation key recovers an existing database profile, you can choose for this profile to be updated with the data entered in the form or instead prevent this update.