Creating an SMS message
Creating an SMS delivery is very similar to creating a regular email. The following steps describe the configuration that is specific to this channel. Refer to Creating an email for more information on other options.
Advanced SMS parameters are detailed in the SMS configuration section.
To create and send SMS messages to a mobile phone, you need:
- A delivery template that is correctly linked to this external account.
- You can also add an SMS activity in a workflow. For more on this, refer to the Workflows guide.When creating a message, a wizard is displayed to walk you through the most important steps. What is defined through the wizard can still be edited afterward from the message dashboard.
- Select the template you would like to use. You can choose either the out-of-the-box SMS template or one of your own templates.To deliver to a mobile telephone, the delivery template must be correctly linked to the SMS routing external account.
- Enter the general properties of the SMS.Both the activity label and its ID appear in the interface, but they are not visible to the message recipients.
- Specify the audience that you want to target. You can select an existing audience or directly target a population by defining and combining rules.
- Add content to your SMS. You can also define the content by clicking theContentsection of the delivery dashboard, once the SMS creation is finalized. See About SMS content design .If you have inserted personalization fields or conditional text into the content of your SMS message, the length of the message may vary from one recipient to another. indeed, these factors may introduce characters that are not taken into account by the GSM encoding. This is why the message length has to be evaluated once personalization has been carried out. See Personalizing SMS messages .
- Confirm creating the message. Its dashboard is then displayed.
- Prepare the message to analyze its validity, personalization and target.
- Confirm the sending of the message. The sending will start accordingly to the schedule you have defined.
The message is sent. You can check its delivery through the message dashboard and logs.
Once the sending is finished, you can start measuring the impact of your message with built-in or custom delivery reports.