Defining the subject line and the sender of an email
Defining the subject line of an email
The message subject is mandatory to prepare and send the message.
If the subject line is empty, a warning is displayed in the message dashboard and in the Email Designer.
- Create an email.
- Go the Properties tab of the Email Designer home page (accessible through the home icon).
- Fill in the Subject section.
- You can also add personalization fields, content blocks and dynamic content to the subject line by clicking the corresponding icons. For more on this, see Personalization .
- You can try out different subject lines in order to get an estimation of your email open rate before you send it. For more on this, see Testing the subject line of an email .
Defining the email sender of an email
To define the name of the sender which will appear in the header of messages sent, go the Properties tab of the Email Designer home page (accessible through the home icon).
- The From: name field allows you to enter the sender name. By default, the default Sender name block is automatically entered in the field. The default sender email address and sender name are defined in Brands accessible via the Adobe Campaign logo under the advanced menu Administration > Instance settings > Brand configuration .You can change the sender name by clicking the Sender name block. The field then becomes editable and you can enter the name you would like to use.This field can be personalized. To do this, you can add personalization fields, content blocks and dynamic content by clicking the icons below the sender name. For more on this, see Personalization .
- The From: email address field cannot be edited from this section. You can change it by editing the properties of the email from its dashboard. For more information, see List of email advanced parameters .
The header parameters must not be empty. The sender's address is mandatory to allow an email to be sent (RFC standard). Adobe Campaign checks the syntax of email addresses entered.