Creating or extending the resource
Administrators can create a new resource from scratch or create an extension of an existing resource if you need work on data that are not part of the out-of-the-box data model.
Only the following out-of-the-box resources can be extended:
- Campaign (campaign)
- Deliveries (delivery)
- Landing page (Landingpage)
- Profiles (profile)
- Program (program)
- Service (service)
- Subscriptions to an application (appSubscriptionRcp)
- Test profiles (seedMember)
- Workflow (workflow)
To create or extend a resource:
- FromAdministration>Development>Custom Resources, click theCreatebutton.
- Choose the action you want to perform:
- Create a new resource: Enter theLabelandIDfields. TheIDfield is mandatory. If you leave the Label field empty, it will automatically be completed from the ID.We recommend using 30 characters maximum.
- Extend an existing resource: Select the resource you want to extend.
- ClickCreateto create the resource, which will then take on theDraftstatus in case of new resource or theEditingstatus in case of extension.
The new resource is created and can now be configured. For more on resource configuration, refer to Configuring the resource's data structure .