Adobe Campaign is a powerful cross-channel campaign management tool that can help you align your online and offline strategies to create personalized customer experiences. Adobe Campaign offers a platform for managing campaigns which allows you to control the entire process of creating, executing, and tracking cross channel campaigns, as well as send messages that are personalized according to the profile, behavior, preferences, and needs of the clients. You can easily orchestrate, modelize and automate the entire marketing process, and integrate with other Adobe solutions.
Adobe Campaign key capabilities are:
- Marketing database creation and growth: profile management, import/export mechanisms, query editor.
- Data segmentation, data management and targeting functionalities to send the right message to the right audience.
- Cross-channel campaign orchestration, management and execution through marketing plan and various marketing activities: landing pages, workflows, online and offline messages, transactional messages, etc.
- Messages design and delivery on online and offline communication channels, including email delivery optimization for multiple devices through testing and responsive design strategies, SMS, push notifications, and InApp messages.
- Operational reports generation to track the impact of your campaigns and pilot your solution, and dynamic reporting capabilities to create your own reports.
Key steps to create and orchestrate a marketing campaign with Adobe Campaign are:
- Preparing - This initial phase allows the user to formalize the need, intention, and objective of the campaign: creating the marketing plan, identifying the target, defining the content and creation mode, expected results, and people involved.
- Targeting - The targeting phase allows the user to define the data collection mode, their structure, their segmentation, audiences, seeds and tests, filtering conditions to design, etc. During this phase, you can also set up subscription/unsubscription methods. See Profiles and audiences .
- Creating messages and content - This phase involves selecting the communication channel . You can also design landing pages to acquire or update profiles, and grow your database. See Creating an email , Creating an SMS message , Creating a push notification , Creating an InApp message , Creating a direct mail delivery .
- Testing and sending - The execution phase allows the user to carry out the various validation steps (content, target) particularly via preview screens and by sending a proof to the approvers, before sending. See Testing and sending .
- Monitoring and reporting - Once the campaign has been executed and the different messages have been sent, this stage allows the user to collect the different statuses of the sends, and the tracking and monitoring information. The campaign and delivery reports are generated to track the impact of the campaign and the recipients' activities. See Reporting tools .
- Automating - During this stage, additional factors such as the import/export mechanism implementation methods, the data management and update modes, personalization data identification, etc. are defined. See Workflows and data management .