Configure Adobe IO for Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration
Activate your CRM data on cross-channel communication: learn steps required during post-provisioning to create a new integration for Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Adobe Campaign Standard - Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration is described in this page .
Before performing the post-provisioning steps in this article, it is assumed that you have already been provisioned and have admin access to your organization’s Campaign Standard instance. If this has not happened, then you will need to get in contact with Adobe Customer Care to complete Campaign provisioning.
Steps described below need to be performed by an administrator.
You need to set up API access and configure a new integration for Unifi.
Configuration is done in Adobe IO: you need to create a new integration for Unifi, as presented in this video:
Create a new integration
To achieve this, follow the procedure below:
- Navigate to Adobe IO Console and select your Adobe IMS Organization ID from the drop-down menu at the top left (see below).
Then click on New Integration at the top right.
If this is your organization’s first integration, the button for New Integration may be in the center of the page.
- Select Access an API and click Continue .
- Select Adobe Campaign from the Experience Cloud section and click Continue .
- Generate a certificate and key.
For MacOs and Linux platforms
Open terminal application and execute below command:
openssl req -x509 -sha256 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout private.key -out certificate_pub.crt
For Windows platforms
- Download an openssl client to generate public certificates (e.g., Openssl windows client )
- Extract the folder from the zip file
- Open Command Line Prompt and execute below commands.
Replace <containing folder path> below with the path of the extracted folder (e.g., C:\Users\labuser\Downloads\openssl-1.1.1-win64-mingw\openssl-1.1.1-win64-mingw):
set OPENSSL_CONF=<containing folder path>/openssl.cnf cd <containing folder path>/ openssl req -x509 -sha256 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout private.key -out certificate_pub.crt
For all platforms
Follow the prompts to finish the certificate request:
Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key .................+++ .......................................+++ writing new private key to 'private.key' ----- You are about to be asked to enter information that will be incorporated into your certificate request. What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a DN. There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank For some fields there will be a default value, If you enter '.', the field will be left blank. -----
After entering the information, two files will be generated: certificate_pub.crt and private.key .
- certificate_pub.crt will expire in 365 days. You can modify the expiration period by changing the value of days in the openssl command above, but rotating credentials periodically is a good security practice.
- certificate_pub.crt will be used in the next screen to complete the integration in Adobe I/O Console.
private.key will be used at a later time during post-provisioning steps for Unifi.
- Go back to Adobe I/O Console, and enter a name and description for the integration.
- Upload certificate_pub.crt
- Select the product profile that has in the title:
- The Organization ID of your Campaign instance
Example: Campaign Standard - your-campaign-organizationID - Administrators
Click on Create Integration .
Set up integration details
- Select Continue to Integration Details
Review the integration details. You will need to refer back to them when you run through Unifi post-provisioning steps.
- Click over to the Services tab and add I/O Events and I/O Management API services. To add the service, click on the radio button, then Add service . You will do this for each service separately.
When you are done your services should show up top like the picture below. You will not need to complete the section a-on generating a JWT and access token.
Post provisioning in Campaign is now complete. Proceed to complete post provisioning steps for Microsoft Dynamics 365 .