Provisioning and configuring integration with Audience Manager or People core service
Submitting request to Adobe
Audience Manager (AAM) or People core service integration lets you import and export audiences or segments in Adobe Campaign.
This integration must first be configured. To request provisioning of this integration, write an email to Digital-Request@adobe.com with the following information:
Configure AAM/People core service-Campaign Integration
Your organization name
IMS Org ID
Your IMS Org ID*
AAM or People Service
Example: Adobe Audience Manager
Declared ID or Visitor ID
Example: Declared ID
Any useful information or comment that you may have
* You can find your IMS Org ID on the Experience Cloud, in the
Administrationmenu. It is also provided when you first connect to the Adobe Experience Cloud.
Configuring the integration in Adobe Campaign
After submitting this request, Adobe will proceed to the provisioning of the integration for you and contact you to provide details and information that you have to finalize the configuration:
Step 1: Configure or check the external accounts in Adobe Campaign
We first need to configure or check the external accounts in Adobe Campaign. These accounts should have been configured by Adobe and the necessary information should have been communicated to you.
To do so:
- From the advanced menu, selectAdministration > Application settings > External accounts.Select one of the following external accounts available for this integration:
- EnterReceiver serverin following format
- Enter theAWS Access Key ID,Secret Access KeyandAWS Region.
Your external accounts are now configured for this integration.
Step 2: Configure the Data Sources
The two following data sources are created inside Audience manager: Adobe Campaign (MID) and Adobe Campaign (DeclaredId). At the same time, these two data sources are available in Adobe Campaign:
- Recipient - Visitor ID (Defaultdatasources): This is an out-of-the-box data source configured by default for Visitor ID. Segments created from Campaign will be part of this data source.
- Declared IDdata source: This data source needs to be created and mapped with theDeclaredIddata source definition from Audience Manager.
Please note that in the case of multiple websites with different domains, Adobe Campaign does not support reconciliation based on ECID.
To configure the
Recipient - Visitor ID (Defaultdatasources)data source:
- InAdministration>Application settings>Shared Data Sources, selectRecipient - Visitor ID (Defaultdatasources).
- ChooseAdobe Campaignin theData Source/ Aliasdrop-down.
- Enter theAAM Destination IDprovided by Adobe.
- In theReconciliation processcategory, we advise you not to change the reconciliation criteria and always use theVisitor ID.
To create the
Declared IDdata source:
- InAdministration>Application settings>Shared Data Sources, click theCreatebutton.
- Edit theLabelof your data source.
- In theData Source/ Aliasdrop-down, choose the Data Source corresponding to theDeclaredIDdata source from Audience Manager.
- Configure your data source by entering theData Source / AliasandAAM Destination IDprovided by Adobe.
- Set theReconciliation processas needed.
AAM Destination IDfield is not required if you are configuring the shared data source for the Campaign-Triggers integration .
Priorityis only needed when configuring the Triggers - Campaign integration. Priority decides which Data Source will be configured first. Priority can be any number such as 1 or 100. The higher the priority, the higher the preference during reconciliation.
Step 3: Configure Campaign Tracking server
For the configuration of the integration with People Core service or Audience manager, we also need to configure Campaign Tracking server.
Here, you need to make sure the Campaign Tracking Server is registered on the domain (CNAME). You can find more information about domain name delegation in this article .
Step 4: Configure the Visitor ID Service
Your configuration and provisioning are finalized, the integration can now be used to import and export audiences or segments.