Importing an Adobe Experience Manager content into an Adobe Campaign email
Using this document, you will learn how to create and manage email contents in Adobe Experience Manager, then use them for your marketing campaigns by importing them in your emails into Adobe Campaign Standard.
The prerequisites are:
- Access to an AEM instance configured for the integration.
- Access to an Adobe Campaign instance configured for the integration.
- An Adobe Campaign email template configured to receive AEM content.
Accessing emails in Adobe Experience Manager
Log in to your Adobe Experience Manager authoring instance and browse your site to access the folder containing your email contents.
Creating new email content in Adobe Experience Manager
Several templates specific to Adobe Campaign are available. You must use one of these templates as they contain predefined components supported by Adobe Campaign.
By default, two predefined templates allow you to create email contents for Adobe Campaign.
- Adobe Campaign Email : this template contains a standard content that you can personalize. You can choose between Adobe Campaign Email (AC6.1) and Adobe Campaign Email (ACS).
- Importer Page : this template lets you import a ZIP file containing an HTML file with content that you will then be able to personalize.
- In Adobe Experience Manager, create a new Page .
- Select the Adobe Campaign Email template. Refer to the following video for the detailed steps.
- Open your new email content.
- In the Page properties , set Adobe Campaign as the Cloud Service Configuration . This enables communication between your content and your Adobe Campaign instance.For more information, watch the following video:
Editing and sending an email
You can edit the email content by adding components and assets. Personalization fields can be used to deliver a more relevant message based on the recipients' data in Adobe Campaign.
To create an email content in Adobe Experience Manager:
- Edit the subject as well as the Plain text version of your email by accessing the Page properties > Email tab from the sidekick.
- Add Personalization fields through the Text & Personalization component. Each component corresponds to a specific usage: inserting images, adding personalization, etc.For more information, watch the following video:
- From the Workflow tab, select the Approve for Adobe Campaign validation workflow. You will not be able to send an email in Adobe Campaign if it uses a content that has not been approved.
- Once the content and sending parameters are defined, you can proceed to approving, preparing, and sending the email in Adobe Campaign Standard.For more information, watch the following video: