Defining the parameters when calling the workflow
This section details how to define parameters when calling a workflow. For more on how to perform this operation from an API call, refer to the REST APIs documentation .
Before defining the parameters, make sure that:
- The parameters have been declared in the External Signal activity. See Declaring the parameters in the External signal activity .
- The workflow containing the signal activity is running.
To configure the End activity, follow the steps below:
- Open the End activity, then select the External signal tab.
- Select the workflow and the external signal activity that you want to call.
- Click the Create element button to add a parameter, then fill in its name and value.
Make sure that all the parameters have been declared in the External signal activity. Otherwise, an error will occur when running the activity.
- Name : the name that has been declared in the External signal activity (see Declaring the parameters in the External signal activity ).
- Value : the value that you want to assign to the parameter. The value should follow the Standard syntax , described in this section .
- Once the parameters have been defined, confirm the activity, then save your workflow.