The Reconciliation activity allows you to link unidentified data to existing resources.
Context of use
The Reconciliation activity is essentially used for Data Management purposes and implies two different use cases:
- Adding relations: a Links tab allows you to add links between the inbound data and several other Adobe Campaign database dimensions.For example, a file containing purchasing data may also contain information to identify the products purchased as well as the buyer. Two additional dimensions (besides that of Purchases ) are therefore concerned by the file data: the Products and Profiles dimensions. Relations then need to be created between these and the Purchases dimension (refer to the following example).When defining a relation, a column is added to the inbound data in order to reference the foreign key of the linked dimension.This operation implies that the data of the linked dimensions are already in the database. For example, if you import a file of purchases showing which product was purchased, at what time, by which client, etc., the product as well as the client must already exist in the database.
- Data identification: an Identification tab allows you to simply link inbound data to columns of an existing dimension in the Adobe Campaign database. After the activity, the data is identified as belonging to the defined dimension.For example, you can then perform a save audience, database update, etc.
For example, the Reconciliation activity can be placed after a load data activity with the aim of importing non-standard data into the database.
- Drag and drop a Reconciliation activity into your workflow, following a transition containing a population whose targeting dimension does not directly come from Adobe Campaign. For more on this, refer to Targeting dimensions and resources .
- Select the activity, then open it using the button from the quick actions that appear.
- If you would like to define links between the inbound data and other database dimensions, go to the Links tab.Add as many relations as necessary. For each relation, first select the linked dimension, then in the link detail, specify the corresponding fields.
- If you would like to simply identify the inbound data, go to the Identification tab and check the Identify the document from the working data box.Select the targeting dimension to which you want to reconcile the inbound data.Add reconciliation criteria to link an inbound transition record to a selected targeting dimension record. If several criteria are specified, they must all be verified in order for the link between all their data to work.Choose the Processing unidentified source lines mode:
- Ignore them : only the identifiable data is kept in the activity's outbound transition.
- Keep in the outbound population : all the data from the inbound transition is kept in the activity's outbound transition.
- Confirm the configuration of your activity and save your workflow.