Reconciliationactivity allows you to link unidentified data to existing resources.
Context of use
Reconciliationactivity is essentially used for Data Management purposes and implies two different use cases:
- Adding relations: aLinkstab allows you to add links between the inbound data and several other Adobe Campaign database dimensions.For example, a file containing purchasing data may also contain information to identify the products purchased as well as the buyer. Two additional dimensions (besides that ofPurchases) are therefore concerned by the file data: theProductsandProfilesdimensions. Relations then need to be created between these and thePurchasesdimension (refer to the following example).When defining a relation, a column is added to the inbound data in order to reference the foreign key of the linked dimension.This operation implies that the data of the linked dimensions are already in the database. For example, if you import a file of purchases showing which product was purchased, at what time, by which client, etc., the product as well as the client must already exist in the database.
- Data identification: anIdentificationtab allows you to simply link inbound data to columns of an existing dimension in the Adobe Campaign database. After the activity, the data is identified as belonging to the defined dimension.For example, you can then perform a save audience, database update, etc.
For example, the
Reconciliationactivity can be placed after a load data activity with the aim of importing non-standard data into the database.
- Drag and drop aReconciliationactivity into your workflow, following a transition containing a population whose targeting dimension does not directly come from Adobe Campaign. For more on this, refer to Targeting dimensions and resources .
- Select the activity, then open it using the button from the quick actions that appear.
- If you would like to define links between the inbound data and other database dimensions, go to theLinkstab.Add as many relations as necessary. For each relation, first select the linked dimension, then in the link detail, specify the corresponding fields.
- If you would like to simply identify the inbound data, go to theIdentificationtab and check theIdentify the document from the working databox.Select the targeting dimension to which you want to reconcile the inbound data.Add reconciliation criteria to link an inbound transition record to a selected targeting dimension record. If several criteria are specified, they must all be verified in order for the link between all their data to work.Choose theProcessing unidentified source linesmode:
- Ignore them: only the identifiable data is kept in the activity's outbound transition.
- Keep in the outbound population: all the data from the inbound transition is kept in the activity's outbound transition.
- Confirm the configuration of your activity and save your workflow.
Example 1: Relation definition
The following example demonstrates a workflow that updates the database using the purchasing data in a file. The purchasing data contains data referencing elements from other dimensions, such as the client emails and product codes.
Productsresources used in this example do not exist in the Adobe Campaign database by default. They were therefore created beforehand using the Custom resources function. The profiles that correspond to the email addresses in the imported file, as well as the products, were loaded into the database beforehand.
The workflow is made up of the following activities:
- ALoad fileactivity, which loads and detects the data of the file to import. The imported file contains the following data:
date;client;product 2015-05-19 09:00:00;firstname.lastname@example.org;ZZ1 2015-05-19 09:01:00;email@example.com;ZZ2 2015-05-19 09:01:01;firstname.lastname@example.org;ZZ2 2015-05-19 09:01:02;email@example.com;ZZ2 2015-05-19 09:02:00;firstname.lastname@example.org;ZZ3 2015-05-19 09:03:00;email@example.com;ZZ4 2015-05-19 09:04:00;firstname.lastname@example.org;ZZ5 2015-05-19 09:05:00;email@example.com;ZZ7 2015-05-19 09:06:00;firstname.lastname@example.org;ZZ6
- Transaction date
- Client email address
- Code of product purchased
- AReconciliationactivity to bind purchasing data to database profiles as well as products. It is therefore necessary to define a relation between the file data and the profile table as well as the product table. This configuration is carried out in the activity'sRelationstab:
Columns are added to the inbound data in order to reference the foreign keys of the linked dimensions.
- Relation with theProfiles: the file'sclientcolumn is linked to theProfilesdimension.
- Relation with theProducts: the file'sproductcolumn is linked to theproductCodefield of theProfilesdimension.
- AnUpdate dataactivity allows you to define the database fields to update using the imported data. As the data was already identified as belonging to theTransactionsdimension in the previous activity, here you can use theDirectly using the targeting dimensionidentification option.By using the option that automatically detects fields to update, the links configured in the previous activity (to profiles and products) are added to the list ofFields to update. You must also make sure that the field that corresponds to the transaction date is correctly added to this list.
Example 2: Identification
The following example demonstrates a workflow that creates an audience of profiles directly from an imported file containing new clients. It is made up of the following activities:
- ALoad fileactivity, which loads and detects the data of the file to import. The imported file contains the following data:lastname;firstname;email;dateofbirth jackman;megan;email@example.com;07/08/1975 phillips;edward;firstname.lastname@example.org;09/03/1986 weaver;justin;email@example.com;11/15/1990 martin;babeth;firstname.lastname@example.org;11/25/1964 reese;richard;email@example.com;02/08/1987 cage;nathalie;firstname.lastname@example.org;07/03/1989 xiuxiu;andrea;email@example.com;09/12/1992 grimes;daryl;firstname.lastname@example.org;12/06/1979 tycoon;tyreese;email@example.com;10/08/1971
- AReconciliationactivity, which links each column of the loaded file to a profile dimension column. The file records that cannot be identified (missing data, incompatible data type, etc.) are ignored to preserve the integrity of the final audience data.
- ASave audienceactivity, which saves the audience of profiles.