The AND-join activity allows you to synchronize multiple execution branches of a workflow.
Context of use
The AND-join activity only triggers its outbound transition once all the inbound transitions are activated, in other words, once all of the preceding activities have finished.
- Drop multiple activities such as queries into your workflow to form at least two different execution branches.
- Drag and drop an AND-join activity into your workflow.
- Connect it after the two different branches that you would like to synchronize.
- Select the activity, then open it using the button from the quick actions that appear.
- Select the main set to be kept in the outbound transition. If you do not select any set, a random population will be sent from the activity.
- Confirm the configuration of your activity and save your workflow.
The following example shows two workflow branches before they are joined with the AND-join activity. File extraction can only take place when the three inbound transitions of the AND-join activity are enabled.