Adobe Campaign allows you to export your lists directly in a file for future use. Exporting a list in a file generates a log entry in the
Export auditsmenu. For more information on export audits, refer to the Auditing exports section.
The export list option allows you to export a maximum of 100,000 lines by default and defined by the
Nms_ExportListLimitoption. This option can be managed by the functional administrator, under the
Export list is available in all the screens that have a
Listmode view, for users with the
- Go to your chosenListscreen. For example, the test profile overview screen (Profiles & audiences>Test profiles).
- Check that the screen is inListmode.
- Organize the columns in the list in the order that you want to export them using theConfigure listbutton, in the top right corner. In addition to configured columns, the primary key of the resource will also be exported.
- If you like, you can apply a filter. To do this, click the button in the top left corner to show the search pane.If you carry out an export from a list containing different resources, you must apply your filters so that only one type of resource is displayed in the list.
- If you like, sort your chosen column(s).
- Select the export button .A popup will appear to confirm the export. Once you have confirmed the export, the file is automatically downloaded to your computer.
The file is generated in CSV format, unless the export is carried out in iOS, in which case the file generated is in TXT format. It is named according to the resource exported and the export date. For example: the name profileBase_20150426_120253.csv would be applied to a profile export carried out on the 26th of April 2015 at 12:02:53. It is encoded in UTF-8 format.
The numeric values and dates take into account the local time (locale) of the user that carries out the export. For example: DD-MM-YYYY or MM-DD-YYYY.
To carry out an export that is larger than this, you must create a dedicated workflow. Refer to the Extract file section.
The following example is an export carried out from the profile list defined below:
- Columns displayed (in order): Last name, First name, Birth date, Email address.
- Names are sorted in alphabetical order.
The file generated is presented as follows (for the first ten records):
Last name;First name;Birth date;Email;Zip code Abalo;Patrick;11/11/1941 02:00:00;email@example.com;29200 Abasq;Joel;21/08/1977 02:00:00;firstname.lastname@example.org;92160 Abernot;John;12/07/1963 01:00:00;email@example.com;78510 Abiven;Christian;16/03/1975 01:00:00;firstname.lastname@example.org;35000 Abouvier;Peter;02/07/1975 01:00:00;email@example.com;94560 Accardi;Mike;22/06/1948 01:00:00;firstname.lastname@example.org;76400 Accremont;Frank;27/04/1947 01:00:00;email@example.com;13500 Adam;Daniel;17/09/1953 01:00:00;firstname.lastname@example.org;17000 Adama;Pascal;22/01/1990 01:00:00;email@example.com;75012 Adama;Henry;22/09/1992 02:00:00;firstname.lastname@example.org;64120