Log data, whether they are related to deliveries or to subscriptions, can be exported through a simple workflow. It enables you to analyze the results of your campaigns in your own reporting or BI tool.
By using an
Incremental querythat only retrieves new logs every time the workflow is executed and a simple
Extract fileactivity to define the output columns, you can get a file with the format and all the data you need. Then use a
Transfer fileactivity to retrieve the final file. Each workflow execution is planned by a
The export logs operation can be carried out by standard users. Private resources such as: broadlogs, tracking logs, exclusion logs subscription logs and subscription history logs on
Profilescan only be managed by functional administrator.
- Add aScheduleractivity and set it according to your needs. Below is an example of a monthly execution.
- Add anIncremental queryactivity and configure it so that it selects the logs you need. For example, to select all new or updated broadlogs (profile delivery logs):
- In thePropertiestab, change the target resource toDelivery logs(broadLogRcp).
- In theTargettab, set a condition to retrieve all delivery logs that correspond to deliveries sent in 2016 or after. For more information, refer to the Editing queries section.
- In theProcessed datatab, selectUse a date fieldand choose thelastModifiedfield. On the next executions of the workflow, only logs that will have been modified or created after the last execution will be retrieved.After the first execution of the workflow, you can see in this tab the last execution date that will be used for the next execution. It is automatically updated every time the workflow is executed. You still have the possibility to override this value by manually entering a new one so that it fits your needs.
- Add anExtract fileactivity that will export the queried data in a file:
- In theExtractiontab, specify the name of the file. This name will be automatically completed with the date of the export to ensure all extracted files are unique.Select the columns that you want to export in your file. You can select here data coming from related resources such as delivery or profile information. To organize the final file, you can apply a sort. For example on the log date, as shown in the example below.It is not possible to export unique identifiers (primary keys) of log resources.
- In theFile structuretab, define the format of the output file to match your needs.Check theExport labels instead of internal values of enumerationsoption in case you export enumeration values. This option allows to retrieve shorter labels that are easy to understand instead of IDs.
- Add aTransfer fileactivity and configure it to transfer the newly created file from the Adobe Campaign server to another location where you can access it, such as a SFTP server.
- In theGeneraltab, selectFile uploadas the purpose is to send the file from Adobe Campaign to another server.
- Add anEndactivity to make sure it properly ends and save your workflow.
You can now execute the workflow and retrieve the output file on your external server.