Log data, whether they are related to deliveries or to subscriptions, can be exported through a simple workflow. It enables you to analyze the results of your campaigns in your own reporting or BI tool.
By using an Incremental query that only retrieves new logs every time the workflow is executed and a simple Extract file activity to define the output columns, you can get a file with the format and all the data you need. Then use a Transfer file activity to retrieve the final file. Each workflow execution is planned by a Scheduler .
The export logs operation can be carried out by standard users. Private resources such as: broadlogs, tracking logs, exclusion logs subscription logs and subscription history logs on Profiles can only be managed by functional administrator.
- Create a new workflow as detailed in this section .
- Add a Scheduler activity and set it according to your needs. Below is an example of a monthly execution.
- Add an Incremental query activity and configure it so that it selects the logs you need. For example, to select all new or updated broadlogs (profile delivery logs):
- In the Properties tab, change the target resource to Delivery logs (broadLogRcp).
- In the Target tab, set a condition to retrieve all delivery logs that correspond to deliveries sent in 2016 or after. For more information, refer to the Editing queries section.
- In the Processed data tab, select Use a date field and choose the lastModified field. On the next executions of the workflow, only logs that will have been modified or created after the last execution will be retrieved.After the first execution of the workflow, you can see in this tab the last execution date that will be used for the next execution. It is automatically updated every time the workflow is executed. You still have the possibility to override this value by manually entering a new one so that it fits your needs.
- Add an Extract file activity that will export the queried data in a file:
- In the Extraction tab, specify the name of the file.If you select the Add date and time to the file name option, this name will be automatically completed with the date of the export to ensure all extracted files are unique. Select the columns that you want to export in your file. You can select here data coming from related resources such as delivery or profile information.To export a unique identifier for each log, select the Delivery log ID element.To organize the final file, you can apply a sort. For example on the log date, as shown in the example below.
- In the File structure tab, define the format of the output file to match your needs.Check the Export labels instead of internal values of enumerations option in case you export enumeration values. This option allows to retrieve shorter labels that are easy to understand instead of IDs.
- Add a Transfer file activity and configure it to transfer the newly created file from the Adobe Campaign server to another location where you can access it, such as a SFTP server.
- In the General tab, select File upload as the purpose is to send the file from Adobe Campaign to another server.
- In the Protocol tab, specify the transfer parameters and select the external account to use.
- Add an End activity to make sure it properly ends and save your workflow.
You can now execute the workflow and retrieve the output file on your external server.