Building a workflow
This section details the main principles and best practices for creating a new workflow:
- Creating a workflow.
- Adding and linking activities.
- Configuring activities.
Creating a workflow
You can create a workflow from a program, a campaign, or the marketing activity list.
Creating a marketing activity is detailed in the Creating marketing activities section.
- Once you have started creating a workflow type marketing activity, select the template you want to use.Each marketing activity offers several types by default. These allow you to preconfigure certain parameters according to your needs. For more information, refer to the Managing templates section.
- Enter the general properties of the workflow.You can enter a name in the Label field and modify the ID. The activity name and its ID appear in the interface, but these are not visible by the message recipients.You can create your workflow within a parent campaign from the list of marketing activities. You can link this workflow to a campaign by selecting one that has already been created.You can add a description that the user can see in the campaign content.Because it makes them easier to find and troubleshoot if they are not performing in the expected ways, Adobe recommends to give your workflows proper names and labels: fill in the workflow's description field to summarize the process to be performed so that the operator can easily understand it.
- Confirm creating the activity and the dashboard for that activity will then be displayed. For more on this, refer to the Workflow interface section.
Creating a workflow video
By default, activities are not set and won't process the data correctly if they are not configured. Each activity contains several tabs to manage specific configurations and activity generic options such as outbound transitions, labels, etc.
- Make sure all activities are correctly connected. Some activities require to detect the structure or nature of the incoming data to offer the correct configuration options.
- Double-click an activity or select it and click the Edit contextual action to open its configuration window.
- Edit the label of the activity.
- Define all different options that you need to process the data. Refer to the activity's specific section of this documentation to learn the possible options for each activity.
- Save the activity and repeat these operations for each activity of the workflow.
- Save the workflow.