Sending a recurring push notification with a workflow
In this example, a personalized push notification is sent every first day of the month at 8 pm to the subscribers of your mobile application depending on their time zones.
To build the workflow, follow these steps:
- The Scheduler activity allows you to start the workflow days before the start of the delivery to be able to send the notification to every subscriber at 8 pm in any given time zone:
By default, the selected time zone is the one defined in the workflow properties (see Building a workflow ).
- In the Execution frequency field, select Monthly.
- Select 8 pm in the Time field.
- Choose at which day the delivery will be sent every month.
- Select a start date for your workflow, at least one day prior to the start of your delivery. Otherwise, some recipients might receive the message a day later if the selected time has already passed in their time zones.
- In the Execution options tab, select at which time zone your workflow will start in the Time zone field. Here, for example, the workflow will start at 8 pm Pacific time, one week before the first day of the month to allow some time for the deliveries to be created for all applicable time zones.
- The Query activity allows you to target your VIP customers aged between 20-30, who have subscribed to your mobile application and who did not open the email you sent:
- Select an audience (your VIP customers) and filter on their age.
- Drag and drop the Subscriptions to an application element into the workspace. Select Exists and select the mobile application that you want to use.
- Select the email that you sent to your customers.
- Drag and drop the Delivery logs (logs) element into the workspace and select Exists to target all of the customers who received the email.
- Drag and drop the Tracking logs (tracking) element into the workspace and select Does not exist to target all of the customers who did not open the email.
- The Push notification delivery activity allows you to enter the content of your message and to select the personalization fields that you want to use:
- Select the Recurring notification option.
- Define the push notification content. For more information on push notification content, refer to this section .
- In the Schedule block, select Messages to be sent automatically on the time zone specified below . Here, we chose the Time zone of the contact date Pacific as in the workflow Scheduler .
- In the Optimize the sending time per recipient field, select Send at the recipient's time zone .
- Click the Start button to start your recurring workflow.
Your workflow is now running. It will start at the chosen start date of the Scheduler at 8 pm Pacific time, the recurring push will then be sent every first day of the month at 8 pm depending on the customers time zone.