Workflow use case: Create deliveries on profiles' creation date
You can send an offer via email on the anniversary of the customer's profile creation.
- In Marketing Activities , click Create and select Workflow .
- Select New Workflow as workflow type and click Next .
- Enter the properties of the workflow and click Create .
Creating a Scheduler activity
- In Activities > Execution , drag and drop a Scheduler activity .
- Double-click the activity.
- Configure the execution of your delivery.
- In Execution frequency , select Daily .
- Select a Time and the Repetition frequency of execution for your workflow.
- Select a Start date and Expiration for your workflow.
- Confirm your activity and save your workflow.
To start your workflow at a specific time zone, in the Execution options tab, set up the time zone for your scheduler in the Time zone field.
Creating a Query activity
- To select recipients, drag and drop a Query activity and double-click it.
- Add Profiles and select no longer contact by email with the value no .
Retriving profiles created on the same day as the day of execution
- In Profile , drag and drop the Created field. and click on Advanced Mode .
- In the list of functions , double-click Day from the Date node.
- Then, insert the field Created as argument.
- Select equals to (=) as the operator.
- For Value, select Day from the Date node in the List of functions .
- Insert the GetDate() function as argument.
You retrieved the profiles which creation day is equal to current day.
You should end up with:
Day(@created) = Day(GetDate())
Click Confirm .
Retriving profiles created on the same month as the month of execution
- On the Query editor, select the first query and duplicate it.
- Open the duplicate.
- Replace Day by Month in the query.
- Click Confirm .
You should end up with this:
Month(@created) = Month(GetDate())
The final query displays:
Day(@created) = Day(GetDate()) AND Month(@created) = Month(GetDate())
Creating an Email delivery
- Drag and drop an email delivery.
- Click the activity and select to edit.
- Select Recurring email and click Next .
- Select an email template and click Next .
- Enter the email properties and click Next .
- To create the layout of your email, click on Email Designer .
- Insert elements or select an existing template.
- Personalize your email using fields and links. For more information, refer to designing an email .
- Click Preview to check your layout.
- Click Save .