In Adobe Campaign, profiles are used by default to define the main target of messages.
To create or update a profile in Campaign, you can:
- Import a profile list from a file, via a workflow
- Collect data online, via landing pages
- Create bulk via REST API
- Synchronize profiles from Microsoft Dynamics
- Enter data using the graphical interface screens, as explained below
As an example, to create a new profile directly in the user interface, follow the steps below:
- From the Adobe Campaign home page, click the Customer Profiles card or the Profiles tab to access the list of profiles.
- Then click Create .
- Enter the profile data.
- The contact information, such as first name, last name, gender, date of birth, photo, preferred language (for multilingual emails ) helps better personalize deliveries.
- The profile's Time zone is used to send deliveries at the profile's time zone. For more on this, refer to this section .
- The Channels category, which contains the email address, mobile phone number, opt-out information, lets you know on which channel the profile is reachable.
- The No longer contact category is updated as soon as the profile unsubscribe to a channel.
- The Address category contains the postal address that needs to be filled along with the Address specified option to send direct mail to this profile. If the Address specified option is not checked, this profile will be excluded from every direct mail delivery.
- The Traceability category automatically updates with information concerning the user who created or modified the profile.
- Click Create to save the profile.
The profile will now appear in the list.
Profiles creation is also possible using the Adobe Campaign Standard API. For more on this, refer to the dedicated documentation .
Profiles can also be partitioned depending on their organizational units. To add the organizational fields to your profiles, refer to the Partitioning profiles section.
The preferred language field is used to select the language when sending multilingual messages. For more information about the multilingual messages refer to this page .
- About landing pages step-by-step guide