In Adobe Campaign, profiles are used by default to define the main target of messages.
To create or update a profile in Campaign, you can:
As an example, to create a new profile directly in the user interface, follow the steps below:
- From the Adobe Campaign home page, click theCustomer Profilescard or theProfilestab to access the list of profiles.
- Then clickCreate.
- Enter the profile data.
- TheChannelscategory, which contains the email address, mobile phone number, opt-out information, lets you know on which channel the profile is reachable.
- TheNo longer contactcategory is updated as soon as the profile unsubscribe to a channel.
- TheAddresscategory contains the postal address that needs to be filled along with theAddress specifiedoption to send direct mail to this profile. If theAddress specifiedoption is not checked, this profile will be excluded from every direct mail delivery.
- TheTraceabilitycategory automatically updates with information concerning the user who created or modified the profile.
- ClickCreateto save the profile.
The profile will now appear in the list.
Profiles can also be partitioned depending on their organizational units. To add the organizational fields to your profiles, refer to the Partitioning profiles section.