Creating a service
In order to be able to manage subscriptions, you first need to create a service and configure it. Configuring a new service allows you to specify the email confirmations that the profiles will receive when they subscribe to or unsubscribe from the service. You will also define the subscription and unsubscription landing pages linked to the service. For example, a service subscription link inserted into an email will automatically direct the profile to the subscription landing page that is specified in the service.
To configure a service:
- From the advanced menuProfiles & audiences>Servicesvia the Adobe Campaign logo, add a new service or select an existing service. If you create a new service, simply follow the steps shown on the screen.A default service template is available. This template is pre-configured with default landing pages and confirmation emails. You can create other templates to define specific configurations. For more on this, refer to the Managing templates section.
- In theService propertiessection, accessed via the button in the service dashboard, configure the confirmation messages for subscriptions and unsubscriptions.
- Fill in theService labelfield. The service label is mandatory when using a custom confirmation message.
- Select a confirmation message template for subscriptions and unsubscriptions. Three modes are available:
- No message: this mode allows you to create a service without a confirmation message.
- Default message: this mode will use the default subscription or unsubscription confirmation transactional message. The default confirmation messages are generic and will be the same for all services that use the default mode.You can modify a default message by clicking its label in theService propertiessection or by selecting it from the Adobe Campaign transactional message list, after checking theShow internal transactional messagesbox.
- Save the service. It is now ready to be used.
Once a service has been created, you can start promoting it.