Creating a report based on workflow segments
After creating a workflow and filtering your population into different targeted audience, you can measure the efficiency of your marketing campaigns based on segments defined in this targeting workflow. To target these segments in your reports:
The Dynamic reporting usage agreement must be accepted to start collecting these data. For more on this agreement, refer to this page .
Step 1: Update Profiles custom resource with segments
Before reporting on your segment code, you need to update your Profiles custom resource for your segment codes to be stored.
- From the advanced menu, via the Adobe Campaign logo, select Administration > Development > Custom resources , then select the Profile (profile) resource.
- In the Sending logs extension menu from the Data structure tab, check Add segment code to allow storage of your segment codes from targeting workflows and to send it to dynamic reporting.The Segment code will then be available in the Profile dimension section of your report.
- Save your custom resource.
- You now need to publish your custom resource. From the advanced menu, select Administration > Development > Publishing .
- Click Prepare publication then when the preparation is done, click the Publish button. For more information on custom resource, refer to this page .
You can now start creating your workflow with segment codes.
Note that segment codes will be collected as soon as you enable the segment code in the Sending logs extension .
Step 2: Create a workflow with segments
If the input transition of the email delivery is empty, the Segment code from the previous transition will added by default.
You first need to create a workflow with different targeted population. Here, we want to send an email that will be personalized depending on the age of our audience: one delivery for 20 to 30 years old profiles and another for profiles between 30 to 40 years old.
- Create your workflow. For more details on how to create your workflow, refer to this page .
- Add a Query activity by dragging it from the palette and dropping it in the workspace.
- Target profiles from 20 to 40 years old to later segment them into more targeted populations.
- Add a Segmentation activity to split your query results into two targeted populations. For more on segmentation, refer to this page .
- Double click the Segmentation activity to configure it. Edit the first segment by clicking Edit properties .
- Query profiles between the age of 20 to 30 and click Confirm when done.
- Click Add an element to create your second segment and configure it as described in the steps above to target profiles between the age of 30 to 40.
- Edit the Segment code for each population to be passed on through dynamic reporting.This step is mandatory or else you will not be able to understand which segments to report on.
- Drag and drop an Email delivery activity after your segments.
- Personalize your deliveries depending on the different targeted populations. For more on email creation, refer to this page .
- Save the workflow.
- Click Start when your workflow is ready.
You can now access your reports to track your segment codes.
Step 3: Create a dynamic report to filter segments
After sending deliveries with your workflow, you can breakdown reports using your segment codes from your workflow.
- From the Reports tab, select an out-of-the-box report or click the Create new project button to start one from scratch.
- Drag and drop the Delivery dimension to your freeform table.
- Drag and drop different metrics to your table such as the Open and Click metrics to start filtering your data.
- In the Dimensions category, click the Profile dimension then drag and drop the Segment code dimension on your workflow's delivery to measure the success of your email delivery depending on the targeted populations.
- Drag and drop a visualization in your workspace if needed.