Are you experiencing a deliverability problem? You may find the solution here.
Same error message for an ISP
Why do I always get the same error message for a particular ISP?
If you always get the same error message for an ISP, your email or IP may have been detected as faulty by the ISP. Carry out the following recommendations:
- Check whether you receive a large percentage of failures linked to inexistent email addresses ( User unknown failures).
- Update your subscription forms to detect any errors in the domain names entered (for example: gmaul.com or yaho.com).
- If you notice errors stating that your messages are declared as spam, or that your messages are constantly blocked, try excluding the recipients that have not opened or clicked in one of your messages in the last 12 months from the target.
If the problem persists, contact the commercial or deliverability services, or Adobe Campaign support.
Block list versus quarantine
- What is the difference between an email address on a block list and a quarantined email address?
For more on this, see this section .
- The status On block list is a result of a feedback loop (when a person reports a message as spam).
- The status Quarantined is a result of a soft or hard bounce.
- What do the different quarantine error reasons mean?Here are 10 possible reasons: not defined, user unknown, invalid domain, address on block list, refused, error ignored, unreachable, account disabled, mailbox full, not connected.For more on this, see Understanding quarantine management .
Removing from block list
- One of my recipients was added to the block list by mistake. How do I remove them from the block list so that I can start sending them messages again?
- Go to Administration > Channels > Quarantines > Addresses .
- In the details of the corresponding record, set the value of the Status field to Valid .
- Save the record.
- How can I find out whether one of my IPs is on a block list? How do I remove my IP(s) from a block list?To check whether your IP address is on a block list, you can use various web sites to verify it, such as:Generally, the result of the IP address check will return a list that contains details of the block list and also the name of the web site that blocked the IP address.By clicking the corresponding link, you can access the web site details.Then, you can request that your web site be delisted from the web site that added the IP address to its block list.The delisting process may vary depending on the web site. Some sites require you to create an account, while others just need you to provide the IP address.