A proof is a specific message that allows you to test a message before sending it to the main target.
Recipients of the proof are in charge of approving the message (its content and form). They are defined in the Test profiles . For more on this, see Managing test profiles .
In order to send a proof, the test profiles must be included in your message's audience.
In a message:
- Click the Send a test button.
- Select the type of proof you would like to use:
- Email rendering : select this option to test the way your message is received according to the inboxes targeted. For more information, refer to Email rendering .
- Proof : select this option to test the message before sending it to the main target. The proof recipients are in charge of approving the delivery, by checking both its content and its format.
- Proof + Email rendering : this option combines the two previous options.
- Confirm your choice.The proofs are sent to the test profiles.
- You can view your proofs using the Proofs drop-down list.
- Select a proof to access its summary. For an email, if you have selected the Email rendering option as the proof type, the Access email rendering icon is displayed on the right of the proof label. See Email rendering .
Depending on the comments from the people who receive the proof, you may be asked to modify the delivery's content. Once the modifications have been carried out, you have to restart email preparation then re-send a proof. Each new proof can be accessed using the Show proofs button.
You have to send as many proofs as necessary until you have finalized the content of your delivery. Once this is done, you can send the delivery to the main target and close the approval cycle.