Implementing the Experience Cloud in Websites with Launch is the perfect starting point for front-end developers or technical marketers who want to learn how to implement the Adobe Experience Cloud solutions on their website.
Each lesson contains how-to exercises and foundational information to help you implement the Experience Cloud and understand its value. Callouts are provided to highlight information which might be useful to customers migrating from our older tag manager—Dynamic Tag Management. Demo sites are provided for you to complete the tutorial, so you can learn the underlying techniques in a safe environment. After completing this tutorial, you should be ready to start implementing all of your marketing solutions through Launch on your own website.
After completing this you will be able to:
- Create a Launch Property
- Install a Launch Property on a website
- Add the following Adobe Experience Cloud solutions:
- Create rules and data elements to send data to the Adobe solutions
- Validate the implementation using the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger
- Publish changes in Launch through development, staging, and production environments
Similar multi-solution tutorials are also available for the following platforms:
In these lessons, it is assumed that you have an Adobe Id and the required permissions to complete the exercises. If not, you may need to reach out to your Experience Cloud Administrator to request access.
- For Launch, you must have permission to Develop, Approve, Publish, Manage Extensions, and Manage Environments. For more information on Launch permissions, see the documentation .
- For Adobe Analytics, you must know your tracking server and which report suites you will use to complete this tutorial
- For Audience Manager, you must know your Audience Manager Subdomain (also known as the “Partner Name” “Partner ID,” or “Partner Subdomain”)
Adobe Experience Platform Launch is the next generation of website tag and mobile SDK management capabilities from Adobe. Launch gives customers a simple way to deploy and manage all of the analytics, marketing, and advertising solutions necessary to power relevant customer experiences. There is no additional charge for Launch. It is available for any Adobe Experience Cloud customer.
The Launch container tag is 60% lighter than DTM and 40% lighter than Google Tag Manager. The content of your container is minified, including your custom code. Everything is modular. If you don't need an item, it is not included in your library. The result is an implementation that is fast and compact.
About the Lessons
In these lessons, you will implement the Adobe Experience Cloud into a fake retail website called Luma. The Luma site has a rich data layer and functionality that will allow you to build a realistic implementation. You will build your own Launch property, in your own Experience Cloud organization, and map it to our hosted Luma site using the Experience Cloud Debugger.
Get the Tools
- Because you will be using some browser-specific extensions, we recommend completing the tutorial using the Chrome Web Browser
- Add the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger extension to your Chrome browser
- Download the sample html page (right-click on this link and click "Save Link As")
- Get a text editor in which you can make changes to the sample html page. (If you don't have one, we recommend trying Brackets )
- Bookmark the Luma site
You might find it easier to complete this tutorial with the Luma site open in Chrome, while you read this tutorial and complete the Launch interface steps in a different browser.
Let's get started!