Map report suites to an organization
Report Suite Mapping functionality will be deprecated in November 2020. Please map any outstanding report suites in >preparation for this. Reach out to client care with any questions.
Learn how to map one or multiple report suites to an organization.
Experience Cloud services (such as Experience Cloud ID Service and People) are associated with an organization instead of an individual report suite. To ensure that these services operate correctly, each Analytics report suite must be mapped to an organization. The mapping process:
- Sets a Experience Cloud organization as the primary organization for the report suite.
- Does not change who can access a report suite (access is still determined by the Adobe Analytics login account for each user)
You must be an Analytics administrator of a login company that has access to the report suite you want to map. Additionally, this account must be linked to a Experience Cloud organization in order to map report suites to that organization.
Organizations are grayed out if you do not have Analytics administrator permissions for a login company under that organization that has access to the given report suite.
Map a report suite to an organization
- Navigate to Report Suites for Data Governance at Analytics > Admin > Data Governance (see View/Manage Report Suite's Data Governance Setting
- To see the login companies that have access to each report suite, click Visible to Login Companies .This view is intended to help you make an informed decision on the mapping.
- Click the drop-down in the Mapped Organization column next to a report suite and select the organization to which you want to map.See the next section for tips on selecting an Experience Cloud organization.
Map multiple report suites to an organization
- Click Experience Cloud > Administration > Report Suite Mapping .
- Select the report suites that you want to map.
- Select the organization (Outdoors Inc, in this example), then click Select .See the next section for tips on selecting an Experience Cloud organization.
- Click Save Mapping .
Tips for Selecting an Experience Cloud Organization
This section contains tips to help you select the Experience Cloud organization to which you should map a report suite.
Which organization should I choose?
If the Experience Cloud ID Service is currently deployed on the report suite, ensure the organization you select in the Report Suite Mapping tool is the same organization specified in the visitorAPI.js file on your site. You can use the instructions in Test and Verify the Experience Cloud ID Service to find the org ID that is being used by the Visitor ID service.
If the Visitor ID service is not yet deployed on the sites that collect data for the report suite, if you deploy the Experience Cloud Visitor ID service in the future, you will need to ensure your deployment matches the organization you chose in the Report Suite Mapping tool.
Why are some organizations grayed out?
This indicates that you do not have sufficient privileges to map to the grayed-out report suite. Consider the following example:
In this diagram, the blue key indicates admin privileges. The gray lines indicate visibility.
This user has access to two Experience Cloud organizations. He has performed the following:
- Linked his admin account in the chapek Analytics login company to his Chapek Corp Experience Cloud organization account.
- Linked his non-admin account in the doohan Analytics login company to his Chapek Corp Experience Cloud organization account.
- Linked his non-admin account in the nigel Analytics login company to his Nigel Inc Experience Cloud org account.
The following points list the mapping actions this user can and cannot perform regarding these report suites:
- Chapek-prod report suite can be mapped to Chapek Corp org since this user is an admin of a linked Analytics login company (chapek) and his account is linked to this org.
- Nigel-prod report suite cannot be linked by this user since he is not an admin in any login company to which this report suite is visible.
- Doohan-prod report suite can be mapped to Chapek Corp since this user is an admin of a login company (chapek) that is linked to the Experience Cloud org (note that he is not an admin of the doohan Analytics login company). It is important to be aware that the doohan-prod report suite is also eligible to be mapped to the Nigel Inc Experience Cloud org, even though this user cannot perform that mapping. In this case, both Experience Cloud organizations are displayed in the list, but Nigel Inc is grayed out. Before mapping, this user should consult with an admin of the nigel login company to determine which org is the best candidate for mapping. The UI displays a Possible Conflict warning if you select an organization this is different than the organization under which the report suite was originally created.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why don’t I see all my report suites?
Some of your report suites might be visible under a different login company. You can change the current login company using the drop-down at the top of the screen.
What if I don’t recognize some of the organizations listed in the drop-down for one of my report suites?
The list shows you all the possible organizations your report suite could be mapped to, even you don’t have permission to map to all those report suites. If you are unsure if the report suite should be mapped to one of the grayed-out report suites in the list, please consult with a Experience Cloud administrator in your organization to determine the best choice.
What if I don’t recognize some of the Login Companies listed for a report suite in the “Visible to Login Companies” column?
At some point this report suite was shared with another login company which may be part of a different Experience Cloud organization.
What is this “Possible Conflict” error about the report suite being generated by another organization? Why does that matter?
This is a notification to help you make an informed decision about your report suite mapping. We want to make you aware that the report suite was originally created underneath a different organization in case that organization may be more appropriate for this report suite.
How do I know if a report suite is mapped?
Mapped report suites will be displayed in a non-editable format. If you need to change a mapping, please contact Customer Care.
What if I only know the Org ID for my Experience Cloud organization? How do I look up the name for my Org ID?
You can find your organization name in Organizations and Account Settings .
I see a date in the “Date Mapped” column. Who did that mapping?
You can refer to the Report Suite Change Log in the Analytics interface to check the user ID that made the change. Look for the event “Suite associated to IMS Organization”.