Installing Required Components
Steps to install the required Microsoft components.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0.This must be installed only after installing and configuring the IIS Web Role.
- Follow the wizard and choose defaults where prompted to complete the installation.
- Once installed, verify that the ASP.NET v.4.0 application pool was added within the Application Pools listing in IIS.
- Install the Microsoft SQL Server Database.Use any version of SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2 (Express is supported) with Management Tools (Adobe recommends SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 - Express Edition). 1. For a generic install without existing SQL Server instances running ahead of time, please select the Default Instance option on the Instance Configuration screen.
- For the rest of the configuration options, follow the wizard and choose defaults when prompted to complete the installation.
- Install Microsoft Web Deploy v2.0.For most installations, the Typical installation is fine. If, however, you are planning to perform remote deployments, you will need to do a full install (choose Complete ).Once all prerequisites are properly installed, you are ready to prepare the data workbench servers to communicate with the dashboard.