Conceptual information about dataset components.
The following figure shows a dependency map whose nodes represent a dataset’s log sources, fields, transformations, and extended dimensions.
- A yellow-green node represents one or more log sources or a filter (such as a Log Entry Condition) defined in the dataset.
- A node for a log source always appears furthest to the left in the map. If your dataset has a single log source, the map displays Log Source: log source name . If your dataset has multiple log sources, the map displays number Log Sources, where number is the count of log sources. For example, if you have three log sources in your dataset, your map displays 3 Log Sources.
- The map displays one Log Entry Condition node for each log processing dataset include file but only one Log Entry Condition node for transformation (if defined in the Transformation.cfg file). If the Log Entry Condition is empty, it does not display on the map.
- A gray node represents a field that is listed in the Fields parameter in a Log Processing.cfg or Log Processing include file.
- A blue node represents a transformation.
- A green node represents an extended dimension.
If your profile’s Dataset folder contains the file Insight Transform.cfg, the dependency map shows the log sources, transformations, and exporters defined for use with Transform. For information about Transform, see the Dataset Configuration Guide .
When you enable the Include File Blocks display option, the map displays a single blue node for all of the transformations defined in one dataset configuration file and a single green node for all of the extended dimensions defined in one dataset configuration file. For more information about this display option, see Working with File Blocks .