Edit profile components
Steps to edit the configuration of a profile component.
From a dependency map, you can open the configuration or editor window for a log source, transformation, extended dimension, derived dimension, or metric.
- Right-click the desired node and click one of the following options:
- Edit Configuration . Available for log sources, transformations, extended dimensions, and derived dimensions. The callout that appears contains only the configuration information for the component.
- Edit Whole Configuration File . Available for log sources, transformations, and extended dimensions. The callout that appears contains the entire configuration file in which the component is defined.
- Edit Formula . Available for metrics. The callout that appears contains a metric editor window. For information about the metric editor, see Creating and Editing Derived Metrics .
- Edit the parameters as desired.For more information about the parameters for dataset components, see the Dataset Configuration Guide .
- To save the file locally, right-click (modified) or (New) at the top of the window and click Save . To make the changes take effect, save the file to the server using the Profile Manager. See Publishing Files to Your Working Profile .