Modify local files in the user profile
You can use the Profile Manager to download files that you want to modify.
You might want to download a file to overwrite your existing, local file with the original version of the file or open, view, and modify files that cannot be accessed from the workspace menus.
To download a file
- In the Profile Manager, open the necessary folders and subfolders to locate the file that you want to download.
- Right-click the check mark next to the name of the file and click Make Local .Configuration ( .cfg), dimension ( .dim), and metric ( .metric) files can be edited directly in a profile folder and saved to the server without making them local and separately saving them to the server. Simply right-click the check mark next to the name of the file and click Open > in workstation .
After the file has been downloaded to the local computer, a check mark appears in the User column, which indicates that a local copy of the file resides in the User*profile name* folder on your computer. Note that the check mark is the same color as the check mark in the profile name column. This indicates that the local file has the same Modified date and time as the file in the profile name folder.
To modify the file
- Right-click the check mark next to the file name in the User column.
- Click one of the following menu options, depending on how you want to edit the file:
- Open > in workstation if you are editing a .vw file or a .cfg file in a workspace.
- Open > **in vw. Editor **if you are editing a .vw file to add new parameters.
- Open > In Notepad if you are opening a text file or need to add new parameters to a .cfg file.
- Open > folder if you want to open the folder in which the file is located on your computer
- Edit the file as desired, then save the file.
In the Profile Manager, note that the check mark in the User column for the file you edited has changed color. This indicates that the local file is now different from the version in the profile name folder. If necessary, you can publish the revised version of the file to the profile for use by other users working with this profile.