The Latency visualization lets you analyze latent customer behavior within a set number of days before or after an event occurred after a campaign or other type of event or period of time.
The Latency visualization allows you to set a metric to identify behavior before, during, or after an event occurred to determine its effect on customer behavior. For example, you can identify the effectiveness of a marketing campaign by viewing the revenue a week after an event occurred. Or you can show customer behavior a week previous to the event as a baseline to see an event's effect on behavior.
Using the Latency visualization, you can change the Time dimension from day, hour, week, or other time period, to visit, click through, hit, or other countable dimension.
Setting up Latency Analysis
- Open a workspace and right-click Visualization > Latency.
- From the menu, select the number of days to analyze for latency events.
- Right-click on the Latency label to open menu.
- Using the Set Countable option, set a countable dimension such as visit, clickthrough, hit, and others.
- Using the Set Countable (Time) option, set a time dimension such as day, hour, week, day of week, and hour of day.
- Modify the Latency visualization.Right-click on the Latency header to select menu options to change countables, dimensions, to re-label, or to select or change other settings.