The Funnel visualization includes features to build a funnel with multiple dimensions, raw visitor numbers, percentage of visitors at each step, and separate scopes.
Here are the basic features of the funnel visualization.
|First Element||First funnel step in the process.|
|Third Element||Third funnel step in the process.
Note: The selected elements do not have to be from the same dimension.
|Fall-through Percentage||Percentage who completed the defined path displayed in three scopes.|
|Fallout Browser||Fallout arrow. Right-click and select Add Path Browser to see what other path visitors took.|
|Percent Fallout||Percentages that describe three scopes of fallout for users that did not complete the path.
Percentages are presented in three scopes:
The percentage of fallout from the step previous to this step.
The percentage of fallout from the first step in the funnel.
The percentage of fallout based on the total number of visitors.
The disks in a funnel represent the steps in the navigation, the cones represent the fall-through from one step to the next, and the arrows represent the fallout. Clicking a cone will select the users who fell through at that point and include them in the current workspace filter. Clicking an arrow will select the visitors who fell out.
The Funnel visualization has a limit of eight steps that can be applied.
Additional Funnel Features and Functionality
- Adjust the clip and level of the funnel . Select the Funnel option from the Visualization menu. After the funnel is created, you can right-click on the title to adjust the clip and level to any countable metric in your system.
- Drag more elements . Add more elements to your funnel by dragging and dropping them from the Dimension table to the funnel using the <Ctrl> + <Alt> keys. You can drag multiple steps at the same time from the Dimension table by selecting multiple items (using <Ctrl> + click) and then dragging them to the Funnel visualization using the <Ctrl> + <Alt> keys..
- Delete a step : Delete elements by right-clicking on the step in the visualization and clicking Yes .
- Rearrange the steps you have dragged to the funnel . Simply click the step to select it and drag it to another position to rearrange the steps.
- Open a Path Browser . You can see more detail about where customers fall through or fall out of the process through the Add a Path Browser feature.
- Add more steps . You can add a maximum of eight steps to each funnel visualization.
- Change the metric . The metric can be changed so the steps are counting visits or some other metric at each step. Available options vary by dataset.
- Display in a tabular view . Right-click the title to display the Funnel Visualization menu and click Show Tabular View . Once in tabular view, you can select Show Graph View to return to graphic representation of the funnel. To open the Tabular View, right-click on the title and select Show Tabular View from the menu.
- Compare sequences . An efficient way to compare two similar sequences is to display their two visualizations side-by-side. You can also display both the tabular view and the graph view side-by-side using the Duplicate feature. To open, right-click on the title and select Duplicate from the menu.