The Geography profile stores a collection of imagery layers and files.
When you display a globe, you can select which of the available layers to display for a particular analysis task:
- Blue Marble 2km: This layer displays the globe. When this layer is not selected, the globe is not visible.
- IP Coordinates: This element point layer displays the latitude and longitude of locations in your dataset based on visitor IP addresses.
- Zip Points: This layer displays the latitude and longitude of locations in your dataset based on a list of United States ZIP Codes provided by Adobe. The Zip Points.txt lookup file contains the ZIP Code, latitude, and longitude data to be displayed, while the Zip Points.layer file contains the configuration parameters needed to display this data on the globe. Both of these files are stored in the Profiles\Geography\Maps folder within the Data Workbench server installation directory.
- Other available layer names: Each layer name represents a .layer file stored in the Profiles\Geography\Maps folder, Profiles\IP Geo-location\Maps folder, or Profiles\IP Geo-intelligence\Maps folder within the Insight Server installation directory.
To have the IP Geo-location or IP Geo-intelligence profile, you must subscribe to either the IP Geo-location or IP Geo-intelligence data service, respectively.
To control the order in which your layers display, you can use an order.txt file. See Customizing Menus Using Order.txt Files .
To toggle layers in a globe
- Right-click within the visualization and click the desired layer name. An X to the left of the layer indicates that the layer is visible.