Guidelines for specifying the output format.
- Each metric or dimension name must start and end with a percent sign (%).
- %XYZ% specifies the element of dimension XYZ corresponding to the element of Level. An error is generated if dimension XYZ is not one-to-one or one-to-many with Level.
- %=XYZ% specifies the value of metric or metric formula XYZ for the given element of Level.
- Dimension names that are two words or longer do not require underscores.
- Metric names that are two words or longer require underscores.
If you hold down the Ctrl key and right-click within the Output Format field, an Insert menu appears. This menu contains a list of special characters (for example, Tab) that often are used as delimiters.
If you want to export session duration data for your segment, you must create a new metric based on the Session Duration metric. The new metric, which is for use only with the Output Format field of segment export, enables Microsoft Excel to correctly interpret sessions lasting less than one hour. To create a new session duration metric, open the Session Duration.metric file (from the Profile Manager) and insert a pound sign (#) into the ftime string: ftime = string: %#H:%M:%S
The pound sign causes a leading “0” to be appended to session durations of less than 1 hour. As a result, Excel interprets 0:53:21 as 53 minutes and 21 seconds. Save the new metric with a different name and upload it to the appropriate profile for others to use by right-clicking the check mark for the file in the User column and clicking Save to > < profile name > .