Exporting to Analytics Core Services
The Customer Record Service (CRS) export feature lets you export Data Workbench data to the Adobe Analytics Core Services to integrate with other Analytics' capabilities, including Reports & Analytics.
In order for the CRS export feature to work, a visitor's Analytics ID must be based on the Experience Cloud ID Service (ECID). Although ECID may be populated in Data Workbench for a visitor, if the client is in the grace period or the visitor's cookie has not been replaced with ECID, the CRS export will not work for that visitor. For more information, see Identifying Visitors and ID Service Grace Period .
From a Detail Table (right-click Tools > Detail Table in a workspace), you can set attribute values and the variables required to integrate with Analytics' Reports & Analytics (using Adobe Pipeline Services).
- Right-click the table header and click New Customer Record Service.
- Name the export file and save.The export file edit window will open.
- Open Query > CRS Configuration .
- Right-click CRS Attributes > Add New.
- Enter CRS Attributes parameters .Open the new entry and enter or verify values in the CRS Attributes section of the export file:Attribute Name
Name of the Customer Attributes variable displayed in Reports & Analytics . Attribute TypeThis parameter accepts values of ( int , string ).Note: If an attribute is not subscribed to in Analytics:
If an attribute is already subscribed to in Analytics:
- The attribute will be created with any valid attribute type supported by Analytics (for this release it is limited to only string and int ).
- If an invalid attribute type is entered, then you will receive an error stating a failure to subscribe to Analytics.
- Make sure to enter the right attribute type for the already subscribed to attribute.
- If you enter the wrong type for the attribute, then its behavior will be dependent on Analytics' handling of attribute types.
Name of the dimension or metric from which the attribute values are selected.Note: The Field Name under CRS Attributes should be the same as the Output Fields > Field Name (which is populated automatically based on the attribute selected). If the Field Name is invalid then the export will not run.
- Right-click Report Suite > Add New .
- Enter the Report Suite ID .Open the new entry and enter or verify values in the Report Suite section of the export file:
Report Suite ID of the report suite in Reports & Analytics identifying the Customer Attribute variables being exported.Note: Although Reports & Analytics lets you add to multiple report suites, Data Workbench 6.4 will only export a single report suite identified at index 0 .The report suite value entered in this field is the report suite ID (and not the name of the report suite).
- Enter ECID Field parameter.ECID field : Name of the dimension in your profile that represents the Adobe Experience Cloud ID. This is a mandatory field and any invalid dimension value entered will not export.
- (optional) Complete the Visitor ID Field parameter.Visitor ID Field : If the user wishes to send any other custom ID for a visitor in his/her data, this is where they enter the name of the dimension which represents the custom visitor id. This is an optional field an can be left empty.