Make a new element point layer available
Steps to make any element point layer available to display on the globe visualization.
- In the Profiles*profile name*\Maps folder within the Data Workbench server installation directory, place the layer file and its related lookup file.
- If you defined a new dimension for your element point layer and have not yet retransformed your dataset, retransform your dataset now.
- Edit the order.txt file in the Profiles*profile name*\Maps folder to reflect the order in which you want the layers to display. By default, layers appear in lexicographic order by their names.When editing the order.txt file, take care not to cover up map layers that you want to show.For more information about using order.txt files, see the Configuring Interface and Analysis Features chapter of the Data Workbench User Guide .
- In Data Workbench, select the desired profile by right-clicking the workspace title bar and clicking Switch Profile > < profile name > .
- Right-click the workspace title bar and click Work Online . An X appears next to Work Online.
- Open a workspace and on a globe visualization, right-click and select the new layer. An X appears next to the layer name.