Make a new vector layer available
Steps to make any vector layer available to display on the globe visualization.
- In the Profiles*profile name*\Maps folder within the Data Workbench server installation directory, place the layer file and the .vec or .tsv files.
- Edit the order.txt file in the Profiles*profile name*\Maps folder to reflect the order in which you want the layers to display. By default, layers appear in lexicographic order by their names.When editing the order.txt file, take care not to cover up map layers that you want to show.For more information about using order.txt files, see Customizing Menus Using Order.txt Files .
- In Insight, select the desired profile by right-clicking the workspace title bar and clicking Switch Profile > < profile name > .
- Right-click the workspace title bar and click Work Online . An X appears next to Work Online.
- Open a workspace and on a globe visualization, right-click and select the new layer. An X appears next to the layer name.