Syntax for any expression
Syntax rules for formulas.
- When in a formula, keywords are case sensitive and must be typed exactly as they appear.
- When in a formula, metric, dimension, and filter names that include spaces must use underscores between words. For example: Page_Views
- For strings within expressions, you must escape certain single quotation marks, double quotation marks, and backslashes. For example:
- “can’t” is acceptable and does not need to be escaped, but ‘can’t’ is unacceptable and must escaped as ‘can\’t’.
- c:\windows must be escaped as c:\\windows.