Create a Profile Manager
The Profile Manager displays all of the directories associated with your working profile.
You may want to access a subdirectory of the Profile Manager without having to navigate its entire directory structure. For example, the Metrics and Workspaces menu options available on the Manage menu of the workspace window menu enable you to open the Profile Manager Metrics and Workspaces folders, respectively.
For more information about the Profile Manager, see The Profile Manager .
By default you have access to the following managers:
- Metrics Manager: Displays the contents of the Profile Manager’s Metrics folder. You can open, edit, remove, or copy the metrics defined within each profile.
- Reports Manager: Displays the contents of the Profile Manager’s Reports folder. You can open, edit, remove, or copy report workspaces or report.cfg files.
- Workspaces Manager: Displays the contents of the Profile Manager’s Workspaces folder. All of the files for configuring the Worktop’s tabs are located here. See Customizing Worktop Tabs .
Data Workbench enables you to create additional profile managers that display one subdirectory from the Profile Manager. Each manager that you create must have a .vw file that specifies the Profile Manager directory whose contents it shows and the properties of that window. You can use the .vw file for any of the provided managers as a template.
To create a Profile Manager
- In the Profile Manager, click the Menu directory to view its contents.
- Within the Menu directory, click the Admin directory and then the Profile directory. The .vw files for the existing managers are located here.
- In the profile name column, right-click the check mark for the one of the .vw files (for example, Workspaces.vw), then click Make Local .A check mark for the file appears in the User column.
- Right-click the check mark for the .vw file in the User column and click Open > in Notepad .
- In the Profile Path field, type the Profile Manager directory for which you want to create a new manager. Be sure to include the slash (/) after the directory name.
window = simpleBorderWindow: client = scrollWindow: client = fileManager: Profile Path = string: directory name/ size = v3d: (820, 5649, 0) scroll_offset = v3d: (0, 0, 0) size = v3d: (830, 881, 0) pos = v3d: (525, 162, 0) size = v3d: (830, 900, 0)
- In Notepad, click File > Save As to save the edited file to the Data Workbench installation folder \User*working profile name*\Menu\Admin\Profile Management.Be sure to change the name of the .vw file to reflect the directory in the Profile Manager to which it corresponds.
- (Optional) To make the changes available to all users of the working profile, right-click the check mark for the .vw file in the User column and click Save to > < working profile name >.