Configure the Dataset Schema Interface
Steps to change the default visualization.
You can control which type of visualization displays when you click a dimension name in a Dataset Schema Interface by adding files to the Profiles*profile name*\Context\Dimension Legend folder of the Data Workbench server installation folder. The Default.1d file in this folder controls the default visualization type for all of the dimensions. By adding a dimension name .1d file (such as Hour.1d) to this folder, you can control the default visualization for that particular dimension.
For more information about Dataset Schema Interfaces, see The Dataset Schema Interface .
To change the default visualization
- In any workspace, create a visualization containing the data that you want to appear in the new default visualization.For example, if you want the dimension to display in a bar graph, create a bar graph visualization showing the desired metric and dimension.
- Right-click the top border of the callout window and click Save .
- In the Save window, click , double-click Context , then double-click Dimension Legend .
- In the File Name field, type the dimension name.The name of the .1d file must match the name of the dimension exactly. For example, Hour.1d.
- Change the file extension to “1d” and click Save .The file is saved to the User*working profile name*\Context\Dimension Legend folder.The next time that you click that dimension from in a Dataset Schema Interface, the visualization that you specified displays.
- (Optional) To make this change available to all users of the working profile:
- In the Profile Manager, click Context , then click Dimension Legend .
- Right-click the check mark next to the file name of the new callout in the User column and click Save to > < working profile name > .