Work with text in windows
Wherever you can enter text in a window, you can perform many of the functions that you can perform in any text editor, such as Notepad or Microsoft Word.
Data Workbench supports basic editing features, including cut (Ctrl+x), copy (Ctrl+c), paste (Ctrl+v), undo (Ctrl+z), redo (Ctrl+Shift+z), select section (click+drag), and select all (Ctrl+a).
In addition to basic copying and pasting of text, you can copy and paste text within and between configuration files ( .cfg).
To copy and paste parameters and nodes within a configuration file (.cfg)
When copying and pasting a parameter, both must be of the same type, such as string to string.
- Right-click a node or parameter label and click Copy .
- Complete one of the following steps:
- Right-click the vector and click Paste as child . The node is pasted above the first node in the vector.
- Right-click the node below which you want to paste the node and click Paste .
To copy and paste nodes into a text editor
- Right-click a vector or node and click Copy .
- In the appropriate location within the text editor file, press Ctrl+v .