Defining Extended Dimensions
Steps to define extended dimensions.
- While working in your dataset profile, open the Profile Manager and click Dataset to show its contents.
- Open the Transformation.cfg file or the Transformation Dataset Include file in which you want to define the extended dimension.
- (Recommended) To open a dataset include file, see Dataset Include Files .Adobe recommends defining extended dimensions in one or more new Transformation Dataset Include files. For more information, see Creating New Dataset Include Files .
- To open the Transformation.cfg file, see Editing the Transformation Configuration File .
- Right-click Transformations and click Add new > < Extended dimension type > .
- Input the appropriate information for your extended dimension. For descriptions of the transformation types and information about their parameters, see the following sections:
- For any extended dimension that you define, you can add one or more comment lines to the Comments parameter to further describe the dimension or add notes about its use. To add a comment, right-click the Comments label and click Add new > Comment Line .
- After you have defined your extended dimension(s) in the configuration file, save the file locally and save it to your dataset profile on the data workbench server.