Preparing for Reprocessing or Retransformation
Steps to ensure that reprocessing or retransformation goes smoothly and finishes in time for data workbench users to get back to work
- Determine the elapsed time of previous processing or transformation by checking the dataset profile's Processing Mode History in the Detailed Status interface.
- While working in your dataset profile, open the Detailed Status interface.
- Click Processing Status > < dataset profile name > > Processing Mode History to view the elapsed times of previous processing or transformation.
The example below indicates that log processing took approximately 43 seconds, while transformation took less than 2 minutes.For more information about the Detailed Status interface, see the Data Workbench User Guide .
- Fast Input is the total time needed for log processing.
- Fast Merge is the total time needed for transformation.
- The sum of the two times (Fast Input + Fast Merge) is the total time needed for processing the dataset.
- Schedule and plan the reprocessing. Because data workbench users do not have access to the data during the log processing phase, ensure that you schedule reprocessing to occur during an appropriate time, such as over the weekend.
- Monitor the progress of the reprocessing and retransformation using the fields in the Processing Legend. For more information about the Processing Legend, see the Data Workbench User Guide .