Data Workbench 5.5 to 6.1 Upgrade
Follow these steps to update to data workbench v6.1 from your Insight v5.5x installation.
Step 1 : Server Upgrade
Step 2 : Report Server Upgrade
Step 3 : Client Upgrade
The server, report server, and client components are upgraded to run on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
Follow these steps to update the Server v6.1 components:
- Using the Software and Docs profile, open the Start Here workspace and download all needed server packages to a local folder.
- Download Server Packages \ v6.1 zip folders and extract all files.The Server package includes Lookup and Profile folders with the Base and Transform lookup files to add and replace to update the server.
- Download new Profiles folders.
- Download updated Lookup folders.
- Download the Report Server \ v6.1 package.
- Download additional Sensor , Documentation , and Dashboard files as needed for your system.
- Stop the Adobe Insight Server service.
- From the downloaded Server package:
- Replace the Server\Bin folder to update the InsightServer64.exe and supporting files.
- Replace the Server\Profiles folder. You can overwrite all files.
- Update the Server\Lookups folder. You will want to add the newly downloaded files to the custom files already located in the folder.
- Replace the Server\Software folder to update Insight.exe and ReportServer.exe
- Update the Server\Scripts folder to update TnTSend.exe.
- If you employ DeviceAtlas , then you will need to update the bundle located in the Server\Lookups folder.
- Set Directories in the Profile.cfg file to ensure that the vector is updated to reflect the number of items for each profile.For example, to enable the Predictive Analytics profile you will need to update this setting.
Directories = vector: 5 items 0 = string: Base\\ 1 = string: Geography\\ 2 = string: Predictive Analytics\\ 3 = string: Adobe SC\\ 4 = string: Profile Name\\
- Configure and save the PAServer.cfg file to upgrade the Predictive Analytics feature.If you want to submit Predictive Analytics jobs to the servers, then you will need to configure the Server > Predictive Analytics > Dataset > PAServer.cfg file to manage server-side clustering submissions.The custom profile should inherit the settings from the Predictive Analytics configuration profile, allowing you to configure and save the PAServer.cfg based on your site's implementation.
- Define the Log Source ID .The Recording of Rows per Log Source was added in v6.04 and defined in the custom profile’s Log Processing.cfg file by adding a uniquely named Log Source ID .
Log Processing.cfg Log Source ID = string: <Name your ID Here>If you do not have the Log Source ID defined, then you will get the following error:
Missing Log Source ID in log processing.cfg. Log Source ID must be defined for all log sources.
- Because the EventMessages.dll has been updated, it is required that you unregister and then register the Adobe Insight Server across the cluster.
- InsightServer64.exe /unregserver
- InsightServer64.exe /regserver
- Start the Adobe Insight Server service across the cluster.
The server installation is now complete.
Report Server Upgrade
Before upgrading to Report Server v6.1 , you must first upgrade to Server v6.1 .
- Using the Software and Docs profile, download v6.1 from the Report Server package to a local folder.
- Copy Report Server 6.1 from the downloaded package and replace the profile packages.The Insight.zbin file in the install folder is a backup file used for localization, and must be present in the install directory. This file or other .zbin files will be used depending on the command-line settings passed when starting up.
- (optional) Modify the report server configuration file to support double-byte characters.Data workbench currently supports English (-en-us) and Chinese (-zh-cn). You need to set a font to support single and double-byte characters:
Report Server.cfg - Add Fonts Fonts = vector: 2 items 0 = string: SimSun 1 = string: ArialThe Windows operating system must also have the listed fonts installed.
- Configure Report Server v6.1.
- Stop the Adobe Insight Report Server service.
- Launch a command prompt as an "Administrator".
- Navigate to the Report Server install folder.
- Delete the Report Server service using the following command:
- Start the service based on the language settings:
ReportServer.exe -RegServer -Locale -en-us (English) ReportServer.exe -RegServer -Locale -zh-cn (Simplified Chinese)
- To verify that Report Server is running with the correct settings, open up Windows Service Manager and right-click Adobe Insight Report Server - Properties . The path to the executable will display the updated command-line settings.
The report server installation is now complete.
Before upgrading to Client v6.1 , the administrator must first upgrade to Server v6.1.
- Launch Insight.exe but DO NOT connect to any profiles.
- Edit the Insight.cfg file to not update software automatically.
Update Software = bool: false
- Connect to Software and Docs profile (softdocs).
- Download Software\Insight Client\v6.10.
- (optional) Modify insight.cfg to support double-byte characters.Data workbench currently supports both English and Simplified Chinese. Select fonts to support both of these languages:
Fonts = vector: 2 items 0 = string: SimSun 1 = string: Arial
- Exit out of the client.
- Copy the files in the downloaded v6.1 client package to the Install folder.The Insight.zbin file in the install folder is a backup file used for localization, and must be present in the install directory. This file or other .zbin files will be used depending on the command-line settings passed when starting up.For example, to launch Simplified Chinese, create a shortcut that passes in the command-line setting.
Insight.exe -zh-cnIf you want to launch in English (default), then no command-line change is necessary.
- Launch Insight.exe for English or the shortcut that you created for another language.
- Connect to your profile and allow the client to synchronize with the server.
- (optional) To employ the IME, make these changes to the Insight.cfg file:
Localized IME = bool: trueThe Input Method Editor (IME) allows you to input international characters.
- (optional) Edit the Insight.cfg file to automatically update software:
Update Software = bool: trueSee instructions for implementing the IME.
- Restart again after the profile synchronization to employ the most recent .zbin file.
The client installation is now complete.