DWB Server upgrade: 6.2 to 6.3
Upgrading server components for Data Workbench 6.3.
If you have customized profiles that take precedence over the default files provided in the Base package, then you will need to update these customized files:
- Update the Meta.cfg file ( E:\..\Profiles\<your custom profile>\Context\meta.cfg)to set updated password encryption for the File System Unit (FSU server), and to add entries for the Name Value Pair tranformations to take advantage of Query String groupings .
- Open the meta.cfg file on the FSU.
- Change the data type for Proxy Password from " string" to " EncryptedString" in the Workstation Configuration section.
Proxy User Name = string: Proxy Password = EncryptedString: ( from Proxy Password = String) Use Address File = bool: true
- Add new entries to enable the new Name Value Pair transformations: BuildNameValuePair and ExtractNameValuePairs .Open a workspace and right-click Admin > Profile Manager .Under Context , click the meta.cfg file in the Base column and then click Make Local . From the User table column, right-click and select Open > in Workstation .
- In the new window, click metadata and add acceptable children templates.
- Open transformation and add new templates.
- Update for Fast Merge improvements . Add parameters or change values to the following configuration files to take advantage of speed improvements in Data Workbench during a transformation.
To take advantage of the Fast Merge improvements, make sure you have at least 8 GBs of RAM per DPU.
- Communications.cfg ( E:\Server\Components\Communications.cfg)
18 = SourceListServer: URI = string: /SourceListServer/ Listing Interval = int: 10 ( <new>)
- Disk Files.cfg (at E:\Server\Components and E:\Server\Components for Processing Servers)
Disk Cache Size (MB) = double: 1024 <(from double: 256)> Disk Cache Read Limit (MB) = double: 768 <(new)>
- Log Processing Mode.cfg ( E:\Server\Profiles\<your profile>\Dataset\Log Processing Mode.cfg)
<(changed) Batch Bytes = int: 268435456 Cloud Bytes = int: 268435456 Real Time FIFO Bytes = int: 268435456
( <new>) Cache Bytes = int: 32000000 Fast Input Decision Ratio = double: 200 Fast Input FIFO Bytes = int: 268435456 FIFO Hash Mask = int: 16383 Fast Merge Buffer Bytes = int: 536870912 Slow Merge Buffer Bytes = int: 268435456 Fast Merge Fan In = int: 64 Key Cache Size Logarithm = int: 21 Max Seeks = int: 512 Output Old Buffer Bytes = int: 536870912 Overflow FIFO Bytes = int: 67108864 Paused = bool: false
- Adobe Target with DWB integration update . A new export file, ExportIntegration.exe, replaces the existing TnTSend.exe file on the Insight Server ( E:\Server\Scripts\TnTSend.exe ). This new export file supports both Adobe Target integration and coordination with the new Master Marketing Profile (MMP) and Adobe Audience Manager .You will need to update the following commands for Adobe Target exports.Command = string: TnTSend.exeto
<filepath> Command = string: ExportIntegration.exe </filepath>This will only affect exports created prior to version 6.3.You can also try the following to employ the old export process:
- Create a new Test And Target Export in the workstation.
- Modify the old Test and Target export found in Server/Profiles/`<your profile>`/Export.
- Update the Adobe SC profile. Changes to the Exclude Hit.cfg file require a field to be declared in the associated Decoding Instructions.cfg file.If your Adobe SC profile includes a customized Decoding Instructions.cfg file, you will need to include a DelimitedDecoder parameter to your customized file.
0 = DelimitedDecoder: Delimiter = string: \t Fields = vector: x items … 5 = string: Changed to: 5 = string: x-hit_sourceAdding the DelimitedDecoder field allows you to take advantage of feature updates and to avoid possible Log Processing problems resulting from these updates.