Upgrading and Uninstalling Report Server
Information about upgrading and uninstalling your Report Server software.
Upgrading Report Server
If you are upgrading to Report Server 5.4, you can use the instructions to upgrade your Report Server software. If you are using Report Server 3.6 or earlier, contact Adobe for assistance with your upgrade.
To upgrade Report Server 5.4, use data workbench to copy an upgrade file to the data workbench server to which Report Server connects. After doing so, Report Server instances automatically upgrade themselves when they connect to that server and load a profile.
Before upgrading Report Server, make sure that you have properly upgraded your data workbench server software as well as the profiles running on the data workbench server. For more information, contact Adobe Consulting Services.
To perform the following procedure, you first must obtain the upgrade file for Report Server.
To upgrade to Report Server 5.4 and later versions
- Make a backup of all of the files under E:\Portal and remove all files and folders within this directory.
- Copy the contents of the new build into E:\Portal.
- Modify global.asa, email.asp, and TopNavigation.xml as per the instructions in the previous section.
- Copy the users.mdb from your backup.If you did not previously generate reports with a .png ouput, you need to go into the individual report folders and modify the reports.xml to include a report format of png. Otherwise you may get a 500 error. Your original reports.xml would look something like the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?> <REPORTS> <REPORT format="xls"> <NAME>Dashboard</NAME> <PATH>Dashboard.xls</PATH> <WEB_PATH>Dashboard.xls</WEB_PATH> </REPORT> </REPORTS>It would need to be modified to the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?> <REPORTS> <REPORT format="xls"> <NAME>Dashboard</NAME> <PATH>Dashboard.xls</PATH> <WEB_PATH>Dashboard.xls</WEB_PATH> </REPORT> <REPORT format="png"> <NAME>Dashboard</NAME> <PATH>Dashboard.png</PATH> <WEB_PATH>Dashboard.png</WEB_PATH> </REPORT> </REPORTS>
- In the report.cfg, include an output format of png and save. Going forward, it should generate reports in png format.
To upgrade to Report Server 4.0
- On the data workbench computer, copy the Report Server upgrade file to the Temp\Software folder in the directory where data workbench is installed.
- Start data workbench and load the Configuration profile.
- Click the Configure Connection to Servers thumbnail.
- In the Servers Manager, right-click the data workbench server icon and click Server Files .
- In the Software folder, open the Report Server folder.
- Right-click the Temp check mark for ReportServer.exe and select Save to > < server name > .
Uninstalling Report Server
To uninstall Report Server
- Unregister the Report Windows service.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the bin sub-directory in the folder where you installed the data workbench server (InsightServer64.exe.) Example: D:\Adobe\Report\bin
- At the command prompt, execute the following command to stop and unregister it as a service under Microsoft Windows: visualreport /unregserver
- Delete the Report Server installation directory.