Update Report Server with a language file (.zbin file)
For all languages, Report Server 6.0 and later requires the "insight.zbin" file copied to the Report Server root folder.
Update the Report Server language files:
- Add the renamed "insight.zbin" file to the root ReportServer directory.
- The Report Server configuration file (reportserver.cfg) requires font settings for double-byte languages. For example, Chinese requires the addition of fonts using SimSun:
<b>Report Server.cfg - Add Fonts</b> Fonts = vector: 2 items 0 = string: SimSun 1 = string: Arial
- A parameter for Report Server 6.0 needs to be passed in the command line for localization, for example:
ReportServer.exe -Locale -zh-cn ReportServer.exe -Locale -en-usIf a locale is not specified, then the Report Server defaults to English.Follow the steps to launch the ReportServer as a service with the Locale parameters:
- Launch a Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the ReportServer install folder.
- Type the following command to start the service:
- For English: ReportServer.exe -RegServer -Locale -en-us
- For Chinese: ReportServer.exe -RegServer -Locale -zh-cn
- To verify if the ReportServer is running with the correct parameters:
The path to executable will contain the parameters:
- Open up Windows Service Manager.
- Right-click Adobe Insight Report Server - Properties.
ReportServer.exe -Service ReportServer -Locale -en-us