Monitoring Dataset Data Space
Information about dataset monitoring and adding new locations for dataset data storage.
Recommended Frequency: Every 5-10 minutes
By default, Insight Server writes its dataset to the temp.db file on the same drive as the Insight Server program files on the Data Processing Unit. The amount of dataset data per Insight Server machine is limited to the following, whichever occurs first:
- Five hundred (500) million records of data input to that dataset
- Five hundred (500) GB of dataset data stored
- One (1) MB of dataset data stored per any one root-level dimension (for example, 5,000 records per Visitor at an average 200 bytes per record)
If you want Insight Server to maintain the dataset on a different drive, or if the amount of data you expect to collect requires the use of multiple drives, you must update the Disk Files configuration file ( Disk Files.cfg) to specify where you want Insight Server to write the temp.db file(s). The Disk Files.cfg file lists the disk files (a vector of strings) and specifies the location of the dataset data used by Insight Server during reprocessing and operation. There is usually one file per physical drive.
The contents of the Disk Files.cfg file may have been modified while installing Insight Server. For more information, see Configuring the Location of the Dataset (temp.db) .
To add new locations for dataset data storage
- In Insight, on the Admin > Dataset and Profile tab, click the Servers Manager thumbnail to open the Servers Manager workspace.
- Right-click the icon of the Insight Server you want to configure and click Server Files .
- In the Server Files Manager, click Components to view its contents. The Disk Files.cfg file is located within this directory.
- Right-click the check mark in the server name column for Disk Files.cfg and click Make Local . A check mark appears in the Temp column for Disk Files.cfg.
- Right-click the newly created check mark in the Temp column and click Open > in Insight .
- In the Disk Files.cfg window, click component to view its contents.The Detect Disk Corruption parameter is set to true by default. The Disk Cache Size (MB) parameter controls the amount of memory that Insight Server uses to increase disk access speed and is set to 128 by default. Please contact Adobe before changing either of these parameters.
- To change the disk files on the Insight Server machine, right-click Disk Files and click Add new > Disk File .To delete a disk file, right-click the disk file number and click Remove .
- For the new disk file, enter the directory and name of the file to be used by Insight Server during reprocessing and operation.The Detect Disk Corruption parameter is set to true by default. The Disk Cache Size (MB) parameter controls the amount of memory that Insight Server uses to increase disk access speed and is set to 128 by default. Please contact Adobe before changing either of these parameters.
- Save your changes to the server by doing the following:
- Right-click (modified) at the top of the window and click Save .
- In the Server Files Manager, right-click the check mark for the file in the Temp column and select Save to > < server name > .