The Communications configuration file, Communications.cfg, contains Insight Server network settings and the path to the Access Control.cfg file.
These settings help you to connect to Insight Server.
Recommended Frequency: Only when necessary
To view and modify communications settings in Insight
- In Insight, on the Admin > Dataset and Profile tab, click the Servers Manager thumbnail to open the Servers Manager workspace.
- Right-click the icon of the Insight Server you want to configure and click Server Files .
- In the Server Files Manager, click Components to view its contents. The Communications.cfg file is located within this directory.
- Right-click the check mark in the server name column for Communications.cfg and click Make Local . A check mark appears in the Temp column for Communications.cfg.
- Right-click the newly created check mark in the Temp column and click Open > in Insight .
- In the Communications.cfg window, click component to view its contents.
- Change the settings, as necessary. For information about the parameters available in this file, see Communications Configuration Settings .
- Save your changes to the server by doing the following:
- Right-click (modified) at the top of the window and click Save .
- In the Server Files Manager, right-click the check mark for the file in the Temp column and select Save to > < server name > .