Adding an Insight Server DPU to an Existing Cluster
Typically, you want to add an Insight Server DPU to an existing cluster when the amount of data you want to process and make accessible to your users of Insight and Report exceeds the capacity of your cluster’s current configuration.
Updating the Configuration Files on the Master Server
In Insight, open up the Server Files Manager for your master Insight Server (usually an Insight Server FSU) and do the following for each DPU that you want to add to the cluster:
- Edit the address file on the master Insight Server to include the name and address of the new DPU as described in Adding the Processing Insight Servers to the Address File . Add the name and address of the new DPU to the group in which your cluster’s current Insight Servers are listed.
- Edit the access control file on the master Insight Server to include the IP address of the new DPU as described in Updating the Access Control File for a Cluster .
Installing the New Insight Server DPU
This task applies only to Windows 32 bit.
- Copy the following directories from one of the current DPUs in your cluster to the new DPU:
- Insight Server installation directory/bin/
- Insight Server installation directory/Certificates/
- Insight Server installation directory/Components/
- Download and install the digital certificate for the new DPU as described in Downloading and Installing the Digital Certificates .
- Set the Windows memory utilization parameters on the new DPU.
- Register Insight Server as a Windows service on the new DPU machine as described in Registering Insight Server as a Windows Service .
- Check the Trace logs to make sure that the DPU is synchronizing to the master Insight Server.
- Repeat steps 1 through 6 for each additional DPU that you are adding to the cluster.
Adding the New Insight Server DPU to the Dataset Profile’s Processing Servers
If the new DPU processes the same dataset as the other DPUs in the cluster, add the common name of the new DPU to the profile.cfg file on master Insight Server as described in Specifying the Processing Servers in Profile.cfg .