Installing Profiles and Lookup Files
The profiles and lookup files that Adobe has developed for your particular application are internal profiles that provide the metrics, dimensions, and workspaces that enable the analysis of your dataset.
As with all other internal profiles provided by Adobe, these profiles should not be changed. All customization must occur in your dataset or role-specific profiles or other profiles that you create.
Adobe distributes the profile and lookup files for your application as a .zip file. Each zip file is named for the application whose profile and lookup files that it contains. (For example, Site52.zip contains the profile files for Site v5.2.) The .zip file contains two folders ( Lookups and Profiles).
If you do not already have the installation file containing the profiles and lookup files for your application, download them from the Adobe FTP site before you begin.
You must install the profile and its lookup files on the Insight Server machine on which you process and run your dataset profile. If you are running an Insight Server cluster, you must install the files on the master server. For information about dataset profiles, see the Dataset Configuration Guide .
To install profiles for your Adobe application
- Open the Profiles folder from the .zip file provided to you by Adobe.
- Copy all of the folders within the Profiles folder in the .zip file to the Profiles folder in your Insight Server installation directory. You want to end up with [...\Profiles\] < internal profile name> folders on your Insight Server as shown in the following example. Your actual profile names may differ.
- Navigate to the [Profiles\] < dataset profile name> folder in the directory where you installed Insight Server and locate the profile.cfg file in this directory.If you are installing profiles for the first time, you can use the provided Sample profile as your dataset profile. You can find the profile.cfg file (it might be named something like profile.cfg.offline) for the Sample profile within the Profiles\Sample folder in your Insight Server installation directory.
- Open the profile.cfg file using a text editor such as Notepad and do the following:
- Add entries for the internal profiles in the Directories vector. The profile names correspond to the names of the directories that you copied to the Profiles folder on the Insight Server machine.
- Update the number of directories as appropriate.
- Add the common name of the server to the Common Name line in this file, as highlighted below:
Profile = profileInfo: Directories = vector: n+1 items 0 = string: Base\\ 1 = string: internal profile name 1\\ 2 = string: internal profile name 2\\ . . . n = string: internal profile name n\\ Processing Servers = vector: 1 items 0 = ProfileServerInfo: Common Name = string: serverCommonName Server = string:The serverCommonName that you specify for the Common Name in the profile.cfg file corresponds the server common name for the Insight Server machine on which you are processing and running the dataset profile. For instructions to update profile.cfg so that the dataset profile runs on an Insight Server cluster, see Insight Server Clusters .
- Save the file. Be sure to save the file as profile.cfg if it was named differently.
To install the lookup files for your Adobe application
- Open the Lookups folder from the .zip file provided to you by Adobe.
- Copy all of the folders within the Lookups folder in the .zip file to the Lookups folder in your Insight Server installation directory. You want to end up with [...\Lookups\] < internal profile name> folders on your Insight Server as shown in the following example. Your actual profile names may differ.