Transform functionality runs on an Insight Server FSU machine to enable the export of log source data for use by other applications.
Transform can read .vsl files, log files, XML files, and ODBC data and export the data as .vsl files, text files, or delimited text files that can be used by data warehouse loading routines, auditing agencies, or other targets. The data extraction and transformation can be performed on a continuous or other scheduled basis. Each Insight Server FSU that provides output of altered event data must run Transform.
Typically, Transform is installed on an Insight Server FSU. However, your implementation may require installation on an Insight Server DPU. For more information, contact Adobe.
For information about the system requirements for installing, configuring, and operating Transform, see the Minimum System Requirements document.
Adobe distributes the Transform functionality as a profile within the .zip file for the Insight Server release package. The Transform profile is an internal profile that provides additional functionality to Insight Server. As with all other internal profiles provided by Adobe, the profile should not be changed. All customization must occur in your dataset or role-specific profiles or other profiles that you create.
The profile consists of the following files:
- Log Processing.cfg
- [Insight Transform.cfg]
- [Insight Transform Mode.cfg]
- a log processing dataset include file
All of these files are located in the Dataset folder for the profile.
To install the Transform profile on Insight Server
The following installation instructions assume that you have installed Insight and established a connection between Insight and the Insight Server on which you are installing Transform. If you have not done so, see the * Insight User Guide*.
- Open the .zip file for the Insight Server release package, and open the Profiles folder within that .zip file.
- Copy the Transform folder to the Profiles folder in your Insight Server installation directory. You want to end up with a ...\Profiles\Transform folder on your Insight Server as shown in the following example.If you followed all of the steps for installing Insight Server (see Insight Server ), you already may have a Transform folder in the Profiles directory.
- Use the following steps to update the profile.cfg file for the profile with which you want to use Transform. The dataset reprocesses upon completion of these steps.
- Open the Profile Manager.
- Right-click the check mark next to profile.cfg and click Make Local . A check mark for this file appears in the User column.
- Right-click the newly created check mark and click Open > in Insight . The profile.cfg window appears.
- In the profile.cfgwindow, right-click Directories and click Add new > Directory .To add the new directory to the end of the list of directories, right-click the number or name of the last directory in the list and click Add new > Directory .
- Type the name of the new directory: Transform
- Right-click (modified) at the top of the window and click Save .
- In the Profile Manager, right-click the check mark for profile.cfg in the User column, then click Save to > < profile name > .Do not save the modified configuration file to any of the internal profiles provided by Adobe (including the profile), as your changes are overwritten when you install updates to these profiles.