Instructions to upgrade Repeater using Insight or to upgrade by copying files.
You can use one of the following methods to upgrade Repeater from Platform 4.x or later:
- If you created a connection between Insight and Repeater as described in Creating a Connection Between Insight and Repeater , you can use Insight to upgrade Repeater. See Upgrading Repeater Using Insight .-or-
- If you could not or did not create a connection between Insight and Repeater, you must copy the upgrade files directly to the Repeater machine. See Upgrading Repeater by Copying Files .
Upgrading Repeater Using Insight
- On the Insight computer, copy the bin folder from the Insight Server upgrade package to the Temp folder in the directory where Insight is installed.
- Start Insight.
- In Insight, on the Admin > Dataset and Profile tab, click the Servers Manager thumbnail to open the Servers Manager workspace.
- Right-click the icon of the Repeater you want to upgrade and click Server Files .
- In the Server Files Manager, do the following to upload the upgrade files to the server:
- Locate the bin folder.
- Right-click the check mark for the bin folder in the Temp directory and select Save Directory to > < server name > .
You will see a message indicating that this step overwrites files of the same name that exist on the server. Click Yes to continue.
If you need to upload additional files to complete your Repeater upgrade, Adobe will provide instructions to do so.
After you upload the upgrade files to the Repeater machine, Repeater automatically restarts itself and loads the new version.
Upgrading Repeater by Copying Files
- Open the upgrade file provided by Adobe. Most likely, this file is a .zip file for upgrading Insight Server.
- Go to the directory where you installed Repeater (for example, D:\Adobe\Repeater).
- Copy the bin folder within the .zip file and paste it in your Repeater installation directory to overwrite the existing bin folder.
If you need to upload additional files to complete your Insight Server upgrade, Adobe will provide instructions to do so.
After you copy the upgrade files to the Repeater machine, Repeater automatically restarts itself and loads the new version.